Standardized Tests in Germany
Standardized tests tell about what students actually know. Standardized testing allows students located in various schools and other states to be compared and provides accurate comparisons between them. They are the numerical indicators depicting the student’s performance over time.
Higher Education Standardized Tests
- GMAT- Graduate Management Admission Tests: A computer based test, in mathematics and the English language for measuring aptitude to succeed academically in the study of business and management.
- GRE- Graduate Record Examination: Measures the verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking, and analytical writing skills of the applicants who want to get into a doctoral degree program in German Universities.
- TestAS: A central standardized scholastic aptitude test which assesses intellectual abilities vital for university studies.
Germany Language Proficiency Tests
- TestDaF- German as a foreign language: An internationally recognized and globally standardized language examination, testing language proficiency of non-native German Speakers.
- DSH- Deutsche Sprachprufung fur den Hochschulzugang auslandischer Studienbewerber: A language examination, which tests the student’s potential of taking on studies in a University in Germany.
English Language Proficiency Tests
- TOEFL: Test of English as a Foreign Language assesses the applicant’s ability to use and understand English language at the university level.
- IELTS: International English Language Testing System is an internationally recognized language test designed to assess the English language ability of the applicants who want to study in Germany.
Tips & Tricks
Familiarize yourself with the pattern and other norms of the tests. Take Sample tests. Read the questions carefully thoroughly and make sure you understand what the question is looking for. Practicing beforehand will get you used to taking timed tests and get you acquainted with the style of questions that you can anticipate.
Standardized test results are just one of the many things that college admission offices look at. So start preparing. Good Luck!